Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Allegro - Brisk and Lively

Allégro is "a term applied to all bright and brisk movements" also that "the most important qualities to aim at in Allégro are lightness, smoothness and Ballon (bounce)."

As much as I love Adagio, Allégro is just so much fun.  A well executed Allégro makes me feel like a little kid bouncing on a bed, although much more difficult.

My "go to" Allégro for my younger classes is usually eight Soubresauts in First Postition, eight in Second Postition, and eight Échappé Sautés.  Allégro's in my more advanced classes usually consist of some combination of Échappé Battu, Changements, Royales, Sissonnes and Assemblés.  I've attached a video of myself performing a basic combination of these movements here.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment